Customer queries will appear in my eBay > Messages. To contact a customer directly, go to seller hub > orders, and from the list of orders, buyers can be contacted directly.
From Account Settings > communication preferences the emails from which sellers send and receive messages are defined. This email can be different from the main account email.
eBay will send customers several automatic emails during the buying process
- Buyer buys an item/wins an auction
- Buyer checks out (seller can add a note)
- If buyer has not paid (option to send an automatic message – recommended)
- P&P info has been updated (seller can add a note)
- Buyer has not left feedback after 1 month
Communication with buyers
From Account Settings > communication with buyers, seller can set:
- Standard answers for common customer questions
- Whether to provide the customer with the seller’s phone number
- A message which appears at checkout
- Whether customers can mail the seller during the buying process (recommended)