You do not need to have a Shop subscription to sell as a business on eBay. However, an eBay Shop can help you reach the right customers, manage orders and build your brand. Your buyers can learn about you and your business and can browse your items through a customisable shopfront, and you can benefit from reduced fees.
eBay Shops have the following benefits:
- A free monthly allowance of fixed price and auction-style listings.
- Capping of final value fees in certain categories
- A customisable shopfront and a unique URL that you can use in your marketing
- Use eBay promotions manager
If you subscribe to a Featured or Anchor Shop you’ll also get:
- Monthly credit to spend on listing upgrades
- A voucher each month to spend on eBay-branded packaging supplies
- An allowance of free Good ‘Til Cancelled listings in 13 countries for sellers whose registered address is in the UK or Ireland. Find out more about selling internationally
eBay shops gives the seller only limited options to customise their store. They are however mobile friendly and easy to navigate. Customerisation options:
- Shop name. This is name for your shop which can be different from your eBay user ID.
- Shop URL. This is set when the shop is created.
- Billboard. This is a banner image that should express your brand, shows your products or announces a promotion.
- Logo. Your brand logo.
- Featured items. Up to 4 items can be selected to appear at the top of the shop
- Shop categories. Products can be organised into shop specific categories, or using eBay categories
- Product order. Sellers can choose between ordering products by best match or newly listed.