Before you can start to create your Etsy shop, you need to create an Etsy buyer account
To start opening your Etsy shop:
- Click Sell on Etsy on Etsy.com.
- Click Open your Etsy shop.
- Select your shop language, country, and currency, then click Save and continue.
- Choose your shop name, then click Save and continue.
Set your shop preferences
During the first stage of the setup, the seller must select your shop’s language, country, currency, and time commitment:
- Shop language. The shop language you choose is the default language you use to describe your items. You won’t be able to change it later, but if you’d like to add translations in other languages, you will be able to enrol in other languages after opening your shop.
- Shop country. Be sure to select the correct country for your shop.
- Shop currency. Choose the currency you will use to price your listings. Currency conversion fees may apply if your bank’s currency is different from your shop currency.
- Time commitment. Select whether selling your products is your full-time job or part-time job. This question is for informational purposes only and will not affect the setup of your shop.
Choose your shop name
Choose a memorable name that reflects your style. Shop names must meet the following requirements:
- 4-20 characters in length
- No spaces or special characters
- No profanity
- Not already in use by an existing Etsy member
- Does not infringe on another’s trademark
Tips for choosing a shop name
- Choose something which is easy to spell and remember
- If you own a company or have a brand, consider including that as part of the name
- Include something about the products you sell
- If you sell a range of different products, or might change what you sell in future, use a generic name
- Capitalise each word for readability
- SoapShack – great name for a company selling soap
- LassoInterniors – includes the name of the company and something about the products
- Gr8teCandles – Avoid! difficult to spell and remember.
Before deciding on a name, do some research
- Look at other names used on Etsy for inspiration
- Ask your friends for feedback
- Search google for other similar companies and try and choose something distinctive and unique
Stock your shop
You need to create you first listing before your shop will go live. Creating listings will be covered in a separate video.
The next step is to enter your payment details.
- Bank account details for deposits
- Credit/debit card for listings fees
Once this information is entered your shop is ready to go live. It can be found at: