SEO was one of the first things which got me excited about eCommerce, so it was great to discuss the latest developments with Jamie.
Amongst other things, we chatted about:
- Over the last few years, paid search results are taking up more space on the SERPs. Does that mean that natural search is less important for retailers?
- I notice that Amazon seems to appear prominently in the SERPs for product-related searches. Is it becoming more difficult for ‘challenger brands’ to make an impact? Is it a case of the Matthew effect (‘For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who has not, even what he has will be taken away.’)
- Should SEO have a higher ROI than other (paid) forms of online promotion?
- How important is getting excellent quality links vs creating great content?
- Google is implementing core web metrics soon, how much effect do you think this will have on retailers, may of which have slow sites
- What has inspired you recently?
Interview with Kaitlyn Study of South Street and Co Marketing Agency – Ecommerce Odyssey Podcast
- Interview with Kaitlyn Study of South Street and Co Marketing Agency
- Interview with Juan Ignacio García Braschi, Founder of Boopos
- Interview with Issac Kuhlman from Real Coaching
- Interview with Lesley Hensell from Riverbend Consulting
- Interview with Simon Severino, CEO and founder of Strategy Sprints