Selling multi-channel will mean that customer queries will be coming from several diverse sources. A typical multi-channel business will get:
- Direct email from website customers
- Marketplace message
- Website chat messages
- Social media messages
Proper management of these queries is necessary to sort problems and avoid disputes and negative feedback.
Whilst it is possible to manage queries using a simple email client like Gmail, as message volume grows, this will prove unwieldy. Dedicated customer service systems like Zendesk and Freshdesk offer advanced functionality, allowing queries to be answered more quickly and effectively. These include:
- Assigning statuses to tickets
- Assigning tickets to users
- Templated responses to common queries
- Pulling in data from external sources, e.g., showing order details next to queries
- Add notes to tickets.
This functionality makes dealing with customer queries a lot easier and more organised and is worth the investment.