The return conditions for an item are set by a creating a ‘Business Policy’ set in account settings > business policies. A seller can create multiple return policies, one of which is applied to each listing. Policies set the following conditions
- Whether domestic returns are accepted
- Whether international returns are accepted
- Return period e.g. 14, 30, 60 days
- As a business seller, you may have legal obligations to accept returns
- To qualify for a premium seller discount, the listing must offer a minimum 30 day return period
To return an item, a buyer should request a return through their account. When the return is asked for it needs to be approved by the seller. Once a return is received, it can then be refunded by the seller.
Seller’s Return address is set under account settings > addresses
The return approval process can be automated to pre-approve or automatically refund returns under certain circumstances. The criteria set include:
- Return reason
- Order value
- Specific item
- Item category
These settings can be found in Seller Hub > Orders > Return preferences.