Adding pages to your Shopify store, e.g. About us and contact us, will provide the customer with more information about your company, reassuring them that you are a reputable business.
Typical pages to add
Most online stores will have as a minimum:
- Contact us. Adding contact details will reassure customers and allow them to contact you if with questions
- About us. Giving some information about your business will help differentiate you from the competition
Pages can be added or amended from Online Store > Pages. Each page will have
- Title. Make this a meaningful title that includes relevant keywords
- Blog content. Text as well as media
- Theme. The layout of each blog page is determined by a theme. Themes can be added or amended in Online storefront > Themes
When creating a page, you can duplicate and amend an existing page to save time.
Search engine preview
Shopify shows a search engine preview (i.e. how pages will appear on search engines). This includes
- Title. This is the <title> tag for the page
- Description. This is the meta description
These will be set by default to the page title and an excerpt of the description but can be optimised if desired.